An item or ingredient is a complete protein when it has all of the essential amino acids (those needed by humans from our diet).
Many other plants have several amino acids but need to be combined with another item to complete the mix for use in the human body.
This is a very simple list: ( and soy is avoided for allergy and other concerns)
1. Seitan – 21 grams per 1/3 cup. Of course I left out soy due to allergen concern and since seitan is ALL GLUTEN there are some allergy concerns.
2. Hummus with Whole whole grain pita 7 g with 2 tbs hummus
3. Peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread 15 g for 2 tbs PB .
4. Rice and beans 7g/ cup (brown rice)
5. Quinoa 8g /cup cooked
6. Buckwheat 6g/cup cooked ( no gluten not related to wheat)
CLOSE TO COMPLETE PROTEIN , but great for combining:
Chia seed and Hemp seed. 9-10 g/ serving
Nutritional yeast – 12g/ 3 tbs
Other seeds 7-9 g/ 1/4 cup
This is just a quick list but many of these can easily be included in 3 daily meals for an intake of 20-30 grams of protein per day.
Plus a few charts from the web world-