I bought some molasses the other day for something I was doing but bought a bigger bottle and always love to make slow cooked baked beans. I don’t have a proper baked bean pot- I keep looking at thrift store- but i have a covered casserole
I used onions, cabbage 2 kinds of beans ( canned for speed) plus some seasonings.
Preheat oven to 325.
1 can each BLACK BEANS and KIDNEY BEANS (drained)
-4 TBS Blackstrap Molasses
-fresh black pepper
-garlic(minced) and garlic powder
-chili pepper flakes
2 yellow onions ,sliced in half rings
1/2 small green cabbage shredded small
2. Place a layer of onion “rings” and cabbage on bottom of dish
3. Add half of the bean mixture
4. Place another layer of onions and cabbage.
5. Add the rest of the bean mixture and top with some shredded cabbage
6. Put lid on casserole
7. place in oven for 3 hours
Serve with salad and whole grain bread or rolls. I also ate the leftoers on top of cook whole grain farro / brown rice.